Danielle Blasse 7010 - Cloe Pace-Soler 7352 - Rebecca Holloway 7279 - Natasha Welch 7399
Townley Grammar School - 14109

Thursday 19 December 2013

Montage Editing

 1) First, I had to download all the clips from youtube and then choose which parts of the footage to use in our montage. I then exported every two youtube clips together with the desired short clips and exported them.

2) Then, I transferred the material to school and imported them into final cut. I also had to import the filming that we did of the victim being kidnapped, as well as the green screen footage that I recently edited.

3) I had to sort through the footage and decide what to use and what not to use.

4) I went through all the youtube clips and made sure each clip was suitable for the montage by cropping certain clips so that there was not too much of a large black border around this, as this would seem unprofessional.

5) Then, I dragged all the footage into the project and made them the right length. As it is a montage it is necessary for all the shots to be short and snappy. I cropped all the footage so that it was 1 second long, so that it would all be the same length and not look messy.

6) I took inspiration from the Sinister trailer, as well as other trailers by using a black transition screen in between the 1 second clips, to add drama. I made sure all transitions were 0:15 seconds long, for effect.

7) I repeated the same for all the footage we imported, and then dragged in the youtube clips. I used a specific order of: kidnapping scene > transition > mental illness clip > kidnapping scene, so that it would make more logical sense.

8) I made clips nearer the end of the montage become increasingly shorter as this would make it more and more dramatic as it goes on, leading to the climax scene which is the loft scene.

Evaluation

Pros
  • Effective at building tension before the climax, which is important in a trailer.
  • Conventional of genre- inspiration taken from Sinister
  • Uses clips from old fashioned documentary, effective and adds to surreal effect

Cons
  • Some of the lighting is dark, however we can fix this in later stages. 
  • Some of the clips are too fast to be seen properly at the end- will have to reorder some of the clips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment