Danielle Blasse 7010 - Cloe Pace-Soler 7352 - Rebecca Holloway 7279 - Natasha Welch 7399
Townley Grammar School - 14109

Friday 13 December 2013

Final Cut Pro Effects

1) First of all I imported the relevant files onto Final Cut Pro.

2) Then, I started playing around with the available effects to make the scene more effective overall.

3) I chose the effect 'Trails' with the Duration on 0.08, the Echoes on 2.0 and the Trail on Light only on the POV clips. This was used to show the blurred vision of the Victim which indicates that she has been drugged or injured badly, also emphasising the POV element of the shot.

4) I then chose the 'Cool Tones' effect with the Amount on 70.0, the saturation on 50, the Value on 25.0 and the Shadows on 0.75. I thought this effect made the whole scene look more cold and chilling. Previously, the shots were too warm and lit up to have very scary feel.

5) Finally I used the 'Bad TV' effect. I used this on a shot of the Victim asleep. I used a 0.4 second clip half way through and then a 0.9 clip later on. On the first clip I used Bad TV with Gaussian Noise with the Amount on 10.27 and on the second clip I used Gaussian Noise with the Amount on 30.27.
This was done to indicate the deterioration during the scene.


Evaluation

Overall, the effects make the scene look more effective at putting across the relevant points, such as how the Victim has been drugged. It gives a more successful climax to the trailer as it looks more chilling and bleak, highlighting what is happening in the scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment