Danielle Blasse 7010 - Cloe Pace-Soler 7352 - Rebecca Holloway 7279 - Natasha Welch 7399
Townley Grammar School - 14109

Friday 10 January 2014

Montage editing



Finally, I completed the editing of the montage.
Within the montage, I used a variation of clips to interweave with the shots of the Victim being stalked, which we filmed specifically for the montage.

1)Firstly, we used old-fashioned documentary clips, which I found on youtube, downloaded and imported into Final Cut Pro. This proved to be a challenge because all the documentaries were on average 1 hour long, and so not only did they take a long time to download but finding the 1 second clip that we wanted proved difficult.



These old-fashioned clips are effective because they reinforce the psychological genre and the message about mental discrimination. They also have a very creepy, sinister feel to them, which helps us fit in with the conventions of our genre.


2) Secondly, I included News Clips which discussed mental illness. I downloaded many clips of various mentally ill criminals being either discussed in a studio or sentenced in court as I thought these would look official and also show the audience what the protagonist fears the most. I ended up using this clip of a woman in a new studio as this has an official, clinical feel.



3) Thirdly, I used actual footage of the protagonist having a mental breakdown to what's happening to her. These clips are important as they show the effects and symptoms of the mental illness.


4) Lastly, I decided to use more footage using the green screen so that I could give a surreal edge to the montage. Therefore, I created two clips- one of the protagonist screaming at the camera with an image of pills, distorted in the background. This conveys that her illness is overwhelming to her.


5) I also created a clip of the protagonist spinning round with her imaginary friend in the background, flashing in and out of view. This conveys that the friend is not actually real. I put a spinning background on this clip, and put the effects 'Bad TV' and 'Beach Bypass' to give a distorted, overwhelming feel to the clip.



6) I also made the montage tenser by cutting out some clips and and making others shorter. This makes the overall montage snappier and more dramatic, which leads up to the eventual climax well.






No comments:

Post a Comment